Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't throw out that bread!

I think this is the easiest tip I have for you guys.  KEEP THOSE BREAD CRUSTS!  I can remember my mom saying that to me.  So I've incorporated that saying into my life.  I take hard day old bread or the ends of the sourdough & "repurpose" them into tasty breading for my chicken, fish, or crumbs I add to my meatloaf.




Difficulty: If can use a knife, I can make this                             Cost: Nothing
Time: 5 minutes

Cut up stale bread.  If still a bit soft, toss it in the toaster or oven to dry it out.  Place it in the food processor and obliterate it.   That's it.  Add spices when you are making the meal.  The above picture was 1 large loaf from the store & a bunch of end pieces from the sliced bread that I've had in my freezer.  I'll keep it in the refrigerator or in my pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment