Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

I was in the mood for something different for dinner yesterday.  I scoured my recipe box and found this gem.  I never tried it before, so glad I tried it.  I was even more excited that I picked up a bunch of bagged spinach for free a while ago, cooked it down & froze it!


Chicken Parmesan Bundles

4 oz cream cheese
1 pkg thawed well drained chopped spinach
1 1/4 C mozzarella cheese divided
6 T grated Parmesan cheese divided
6 sm boneless skinless chicken breast pounded to 1/4inch thick
1 egg
10 crushed Ritz (or other kind) crackers
1 1/2 c spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 375*.  Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese & 3 T of Parmesan cheese until well blended, spread evenly onto chicken breast.  Roll up tightly.

Beat egg in shallow bowl or pie plate.  Mix remaining 3 T Parmesan cheese and crumbs in separate shallow bowl or pie plate.  Dip chicken bundles in egg and roll in crumb mixture.  Place seam sides down, in 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake 30 min.  Served topped with the spaghetti sauce & remaining 1/4 C mozzarella cheese.

I did everything but the spaghetti sauce & the swapped out 6 pieces of chicken with 4, but I did cut them in half.  It was delicious.  The chicken wasn't dried out at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment