Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive!

So I started following this blog called Coupon Connections http://www.couponconnections.com/, because I heard from a friend that she list companies contact information so you can comment on their products or ask for coupons.  She calls the segment "Thoughtful Thursdays".  

This friend has received a lot of coupons for free items, just by asking the company.  I could never bring myself up to ask for coupons, let alone ask for coupon for free items.  I thought it was inappropriate.  But I've been thinking a lot lately about our finances, I am able to barter at the farmers market & garage sale with ease then why couldn't I ask a company, whose product I use or have been wanting to, to see if I could get a couple of coupons so I could try their product?  So I put on my "Big Girl Panties" and stepped out of my comfort zone & emailed 8 companies.  I nervously waited for their reply. 

I did get a couple of "Thanks but we don't give out coupons" or "We're all out, check back again later".  Bummer, oh well I'll try again later.  But look what I did get!  Just by asking!

FREE MISSION PRODUCTS!

And if you saw my last couponing post I bought 2 tubes of Eucerine lotion, which I used at Target with their $1/1, so I was able to double up on my coupons & get each lotion for .69 cents!  Go here to see that post  http://thethriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-target-transaction.html .


No comments:

Post a Comment