Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Mama said there'd be days like this"

"Mama said there'd be days like this,
There'd be days like this, my mama said"

UGH. Cold.  I've have an aroma of Vicks & Bengay.  Sexy I know.
But you gotta do what you gotta do, mom's don't get sick days.

So the inevitable question today is: "What's for dinner?"

Praise the Lord I worked my tookis off this summer canning everything I could get my hands on!

Tonight's dinner "Chicken Enchilada Soup"
Cost $2.00

1 piece chicken breast
1 can black beans & corn
1/2 lg onion
2-3 cloves garlic
2-3 tomatoes
1/2 qt of salsa or taco sauce
2 C water



Grill chicken in pan.  Then throw chicken & everything else in the crockpot.  Cook on low 4 hours or until tender.  (I grilled the chicken right out of the freezer.)  If you don't have enough salsa or taco sauce go here to learn how to make your own http://www.thethriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-can-make-taco-seasoning.html



Doesn't this look wonderful & filling.  This homemade soup is easy peasy. I have enough to last for at least a couple of dinners for more than 1/2 the cost of what I could get at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment