Monday, May 23, 2011

Hey I can make my own dishwasher soap!

I was asked in one of my couponing classes if I knew how to make dish washer soap.  I didn't, but I'd look into it.  Guess what!  I have all the ingredients in my pantry, thanks to my laundry soap recipe.  It is free of harsh chemicals.

Difficulty: Easy                 Costs: $0.75 for 40 loads/1T .02 per load or 20  loads/2T .04 per load

Ingredients:
1 C Washing soda
1 C Borax
Vinegar (as a rinsing agent)


Mix Borax and Washing soda in a jar. Washing soda is similar to baking soda but better suited for cutting through grease and grime.


Break apart any clumps in the mixture as you mix it. Screw the lid tightly on the jar during storage.

Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the homemade dish soap in the soap cup of your dishwasher. Run the dishwasher as usual.


If desired, place vinegar in the rinse agent dispenser. Vinegar cuts through water spots and is particularly useful when washing glass ware.

 

1 comment:

  1. I use this at my house. Love the "cost" and it works great in my dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete