Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade speghetti o's

It's cold here.  We needed something to warm us up.  I searched my pantry to no avail.  Nothing sounded good.  I was remembering back to my childhood days & what we would eat when it was cold.  What food always made me happy on those cold days?  One word "Spaghetti O's".  I thought they were to die for.  But we didn't have any, because there haven't been any coupons for "Spaghetti O's".  Then I thought:


Q:  What are spaghetti o's? 
A:  Small round noodles & tomato sauce. 

Simple enough I can make that.  If I can make homemade sourdough bread & can whip up some noodles in spaghetti sauce.  But instead of opening a jar of sauce I looked through my pantry and found something close to spaghetti sauce, Progresso Tomato & Basil Soup.  I picked it up for 10 cents a can (after coupons of course).  I was given some round noodles & added them to the soup.  I prayed that it would turn out & the children would eat them.  Oh boy did they eat them.  Even my husband said that this was way better than Chef Boy R Dee's!  Tell me what you think.

Homemade Spaghetti O's
Ingredients

1 Can of tomato soup
1 to 1 1/2C of noodles
Couple of Tbs of water (if needed)


Put everything in a pot & heat until noodles are done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment