Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hey I only spent $11.31 & got all of this!

I have a confession "75% off toys" signs ALWAYS makes me turn my head just to see what is there.  I'm usually done with Christmas shopping by September.  I'd rather have the bills trickle in when I know I have money than wait until December & try to tackle the stores with every Tom, Dick & Harry & have a huge bill waiting for me in January.


I went to 2 of the 3 big stores here in town.  First Rite Aid.  They have 75% off all Christmas items & I was able to pick up a few things for next Christmas or birthdays or just because I love you gifts.  All the toys were under $5.  I got a lighter (for camping) for .29 no coupons!  Zippo lighters are $10.29.  You get back 1- $5 Ups rewards & 1- $5 rebate.  Easy peasy if you can remember to go online & enter your rebate.

Second Safeway.  I'm loving my Safeway right now.  We have new management & they are constantly marking things down by 50%.  I was able to make money on a tub of wipes which helped pay for the tea.  The tea, BTW, was 50 cents each ($1 if your store doesn't double).  I'm stocking up on peppermint because mint helps indigestion & upset stomachs.  So I'll be going back for more.

You can make your own mint tea, by growing it too.  That is super, super easy.  I guess I'll have to blog about how to make your own tea another time.  Let me know if you find any great deals.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I gotta know the tea deal. Mint is my favorite, and I just ran out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look in the 11/6 & 12/4 SS for $1/1. Right now @ Safeway they are 2/$4 thru 1/17. With dbl it is 50 cents a box. I took the last peppermint today from our store, hopefully they will restock this weekend. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete