Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An open letter to my gallbladder

Dear Gallbladder,

Wasn't I good to you?  Didn't I give you everything you needed?  A nice house, easy steady work, anything you can ask for?  Let's face it, you had a pretty cushy life.  Why, oh why, did you stage a revolt against me? 

Yes I know I sometimes ate like a twenty something male college student during rush week or a 5 year old who inhales everything from the pantry while his parents aren't looking, but come on  I was really nice to you.  But in the end you were evicted, you wreaked your havoc & were kicked out.  So long, goodbye, adios, au revior, and vale. . .

All I want to eat this:


But instead I eat this:

I want to eat this:


Now I have to choose this:













I was taking this to help:


TUMS Ultra 1000: Maxium Strength Heartburn Relief
 
Now I'm taking this:

Cooling mint makes a great accent for sweet and savory dishes

I have won the war dear gallbladder.  Mint leaves made into tea helps digestion.  Hot or cold tea, it doesn't matter.  No more ingestion, heart burn, nothing.  It's natural.  Probably better than the sucrose (sugar) and calcium carbonate found in the over the counter stuff.  So long gallbladder.  It was fun while it lasted.

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. michelle,

    I just had mine out!!! I had like 19 large stones. There is no winning that battle take it out. It's one of the most undiagnosed conditions affecting women our age.
    M

    ReplyDelete