Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lasagna - just a bit different

I have a friend who introduced me to this thrifty tip. 

Use cottage cheese in place of ricotta cheese in lasagna.  The thought of cottage cheese makes my stomach turn, but she said ricotta cheese is just a smaller curd.  So I gave it a try.  Know what?  It was good.  I thought I'd hate it, but it tasted just the same.  Give it a try. 

Cottage cheese is cheaper than ricotta.  You can even place the entire tub in the freezer.   AND BTW, I see a lot more coupons for cottage cheese than ricotta now. Enjoy your dinner! 

If you wanna know my recipe for lasagna here it is: 1 can spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles (either ready to make- add 1/2+ C water to sauce for ready to make or cooked yourself), shredded cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese.  Layer noodles, spread cottage cheese, sprinkle shredded & Parmesan cheese, cover with sauce.  Bake in 375 oven for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment