Tuesday, March 6, 2012

PTL for my stockpile!

I just love my stockpile!  I had on my menu Lemon Chicken on Sunday night for dinner & was shocked I didn't have lemon jello :(  What to do?  What to do?  PTL for the lemon's I picked while in California.  See the post here.  Here is the recipe for "Take out lemon chicken":

1 T oil
1 lb boneless chicken
1 pkg snow peas 
1 sm red pepper, cut into strips
2 pkg Jello brand lemon flavor gelatin (was originally 1)
1 T cornstarch
1/2 C chicken broth
2 T Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
2 cloves minced garlic

Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat.  Add chicken cook through.  Add peas & peppers, coo & stir 2 mins.

Mix dry gelatin & cornstarch in small bowl.  Add broth, dressing & garlic, stir until dissolved.  Add to skillet.  Reduce heat to med, cook 3 min or until sauce is thickened, stir frequently.  Serve over rice


********************************************************************************

While I didn't have lemon jello I substituted lemon juice about 1/4 cup, cornstarch 1 T & 1/2 C corn syrup.  I would recommend to increase the lemon juice to 1/3 for more for lemon flavor, 1/4 C was too mild.  I didn't add peas or peppers because I would be boycotted if I did.  Doesn't it look delish? 


No comments:

Post a Comment