Monday, June 13, 2011

Say hello to my little friends. . .

So Safeway has a chicken deal going on right now, 77 cents a pound.  A pretty good price given that gas is still $3.79 here, (my stock up price was 60 cents a pound).  So I grabbed 2 whole chickens, each one being around $3.50. 

While I was away my wonderful husband made "Beer Can" chicken, but instead he used white wine in the can, rosemary, oregano, & garlic tucked underneath the skin.  I love making chicken this way, it is so tender & juicy.  One chicken can last us at least 3-4 dinners.  Making each dinner about $1.25.  Not bad.  Tonight will be chicken sandwiches, sometime this week will be chicken & rice, & the other dinner will be chicken enchiladas.  His partner in crime, will be cut up and froze for those night where I don't want to cook or it's too hot. 

Doesn't those look like the ones from the store?

No comments:

Post a Comment