Monday, July 23, 2012

Safeway Steal: 6 packages of cream cheese for .42

To be honest I haven't been posting my grocery deals.  It seems like prices are increasing daily, the price I'm paying currently is not my rock bottom price, but I may have to adjust for the never-ending price increases.  But I had to show you this dandy transaction I did today at Safeway.  Just remember a few things:
  1. Everything was 50% off
  2. I had NO coupons (oh the horror)
  3. My children were acting like mental patients b/c the sugar from the FREE cookie hit their systems.
  4. PTL I added the coupons from Just 4 U program


The cream cheese was originally $1.79 w/50% off =<.90>.  My Just 4 U price was .97.  If I do the math correctly 97-90=.07!  I guess that they don't take the Just 4 U price into consideration for the 50% off!  It worked in my favor.  This is why I add EVERY Safeway coupon to my card.  You never know when it will work in your favor.

The question you're probably asking is "Why did I buy 6?  What am I going to do with that many?"
  1. Cream cheese freeze well.  Once it is thawed, mix it up b/c it does breaks apart.
  2. I make a killer Chicken Parmesan Spinach Bundle.
  3. I make a killer cheese cake.
  4. Here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment