Monday, July 30, 2012

Recipe: Hot Banana Pepper Mustard

I found this on a canning website & had to try this for my husband.  Our peppers are growing sporadically, so I had to get some of them put up.  I can't handle hot & spicy things, but this is mild with a sweet after taste.  My husband LOVED IT.  It is super easy.




I cut this recipe by 3/4 th.  There was no way I had 40 peppers. 

9-‎10 hot banana peppers
1 C yellow mustard
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 C honey
1 C vinegar (they had apple cider)
1/4 tsp salt
3/8 C flour
1/4 C water (which I forgot to add).

Blend peppers until smooth. Pour into pot add all other ingredients except flour. Bring to hard boil. Whisk flour & water until smooth & pour into boiling mixture. Continue to boil for 5 mins. Process in water canner for 5-10 mins.  This made 3 of those little jelly jars & 2 bigger ones.  At least enough for a years worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment