Monday, June 18, 2012

People who love camping must have some kind of disorder.


Yep you read that right.  Why would someone want to leave their comfortable house in order to sleep in the cold & hard ground & then say "IT"S FUN!"  REALLY?  Come on.  There's a reason why God gave us the idea of indoor plumbing. 

I took one for the family this weekend. We went camping.  I do it for my husband & kids.  That's it.  I'll last about a week if I have a shower & flushable toilets, otherwise I'm done within 2 days.  This was a 2 day trip.


Here's my top 5 list of why I hate camping:

5. Dirt. Everywhere.  Kids faces, in the tent, everywhere.
 
4. Sleeping on the ground is not what a late "30 something" should be doing,
especially if you want to be able to walk the next morning.

3.  The pesky chipmunk who was dive bombing our campsite trying to grab
 any scraps that fell from my kids plates or the food that they were actually trying to eat.

2.  Gnats.  When I die I'm going to ask God why he made gnats
 & why does it start with a "G".

1.  Bears.  Yes, both nights we had bears coming through the campground. 
The last night I heard him right next to our tent breathing.  That's how every bad "B" horror camping movie starts & I was living it.  YIPPEE.



Here's my top 5 list of why I kinda like camping:

5. My kids playing with each other & using their imagination.  Who knew sticks were more fun than transformers?

4. Getting away from all electronic devices.

3.  Getting out & teaching my kids about nature.

2. Enjoying God's wonderful gift of pristine land.  I never knew there could
be so many different colors of green & blue.

1.  Spending quality time with my family.  We found out that we like hiking,
even though my kids never stopped talking the entire time!



Next time, I think I'm going to make a reservation at the Best Western.

No comments:

Post a Comment